Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pictures ... at last!

I must start this off by saying ... this one's for you, Bob. 

Goodness.  I hope that I don't begin procrastinating on other things in my life like I have with getting these pictures posted.  And the worst part is I don't have ones of the basement or playroom taken (or the third bedroom, as it is for the new baby and isn't complete yet).  I'll take those tonight (I can hear you saying "Suuuuure...") and add them to a follow up post.

I can obviously tell that I am not used to the time it takes to clean a larger house.  And our drive home is a little longer now each evening, so that cuts into a lot of the extra time I used to have.  The majority of the posts on this blog were written when we were living with my in-laws, which meant when I came home from work, there was no housework to be done, my daughter had already been fed dinner, and my dog was living with my parents for the summer.  What else was a girl to do but blog?

Okay, okay.  Enough of the excuses.  Here are the pictures already!


Master Bedroom.  Behind me is the master bath.  Door to the right of the bed is the closet.

Morning Room.  Slider off to the side that leads out to the deck and patio.

Kitchen / Breakfast Bar

Living Room

Dining Room

Daughter's Room

Upstairs loft

Alternate view of upstairs loft.

Kid's Bathroom

A yard!  Our yard came in VERY fast and VERY well.

View of deck and patio (taken during move-in weekend, so no yard here!)


10 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Everything looks fantastic. You've done such a nice job with your house. You have very good taste :) The deck and patio are awesome, too.
    Where did you get your bar stools? I've been looking but haven't found much I like yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! We still have so many pictures to hang, but finally learning our lesson from over the years and just really taking our time to make sure we do exactly what we want (and therefore don't have to fill in unnecessary nail holes, etc!). The same with window treatments - just haven't found what is 'perfect' to us yet. Glad that there is no one behind us!

    I found the two shorter barstools (25", I believe) at Target. The two taller ones (36") are from Bed Bath and Beyond. Hope you can find some as well!

    I need to really catch up on your blog now that things are settling down and see where you are in your process!! I've caught a few posts here and there, but want to catch back up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree looks wonderful! good taste for sure.....so is ur kitchen tile and what are the countertops? Congrats! i really cant wait to be that far in the process...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yes - the kitchen and morning room are ceramic tile with granite countertops. Very happy we went with that option - I am loving the look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pictures and what you did with decorating. We are still trying to figure out colors for paint and are closing in December so have awhile. What color is your morning room- is it an orange? If so what did you use. I really love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As, thanks! We really fell in love with that color and used it in the morning room and in the first floor half bath - just enough to bring in a great accent of color! It's "rustic adobe" from Sherwin Williams if you have one near you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures they are great. I started a Ryan Home blog too. We closed on Tuesday of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mema's Mom - thank you! Congrats on your closing! So exciting! I am headed to check out your blog, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I was hoping to get an update on how your new home with RYAN HOMES is going... my fiance and I are about to make a decision about which builder to go with and would love your insight :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I couldn't be more pleased with our home and Ryan Homes overall. If you've read all of my posts you'll see my one gripe, about the noise when it is really windy out, but that is really all I can say that is 'negative'. Ryan Homes has been fabulous to us and we love, love, love our home! Best of luck to you and your fiance on your building adventure!!

    ReplyDelete