Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's Starting to Look Like a House!

Wow - it's really starting to look like a house, isn't it?

We stopped out yesterday after work and were very pleased to see this progress. We're going to go out again tonight and again tomorrow afternoon, as we've heard most of the framing is completely done, start to finish, in three day's time. The weather forecast is excellent (other than scorching hot) this week, so I don't see a reason why we'd have delays!!
 
Front of the house


Left hand side.  Bump out is for the fireplace.


Back of the house.  Two living room windows and the morning room.  We'll be adding a two-level deck off of the morning room.  That may be one of our favorite parts of the house - windows on all sides and plenty of natural light.


Peeking through the living room window at our stairs!


Our backyard!  Nothing will be built behind us.  Ahhh, privacy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited for you guys. We just signed on a Ryan home in North Ridgeville. It is nice to see someone in NE Ohio who is happy so far with Ryan. Thanks for posting this. It is really helpful to my wife and I. Yours is the first blog I have ever subscribed to... :)DJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. DJ -

    Thank you SO much for reading and for commenting! Glad to hear that this blog is helpful. I first wanted it to just be a place to capture the journey, but now I find that several people have found me when searching for opinions on Ryan Homes and I am so excited to be of some help. My number one priority is to keep this completely unbiased and to simply report out our experience. Fortunate for us, this has been a super smooth ride so far and we hope it continues!

    Best of luck to you and your wife as well! What model will you be building?

    ReplyDelete