Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lists about Lists

Pack, pack, pack.  I feel like that is all that I do in the evenings and on my days off.  I'd say that roughly 75% of our entire house is packed up.  I basically have touched almost everything with the exception of clothes, furniture, and toys - most of which are going with us to Kevin's parent's house anyhow.

We've decided that we're most likely just going to move on in with them on Sunday, May 9th.  What a great Mother's Day gift for my mother-in-law!  (haha)  We are getting a Uhaul on the 8th, and my parents will be here with their truck, giving us a hand in moving.  It only makes sense to me that we take full advantage of the trucks and the help and get everything into storage that day.  I feel like I am in limbo right now and I just don't like the feeling.  I need to feel settled - or as settled as possible.

I have lists everywhere.  A list of what utilities have been cancelled and still need to be.  A list of who I've changed our address with and who I haven't.  A list of things to leave and write down for the new owner.  A list of items that we need to make sure we've purchased by the time the house is built.

Two items on that list are a washer and dryer.  The buyer asked in the sale of the home that we leave our washer and dryer.  I didn't really think twice - they are 8 years old and I didn't mind not having to lug them into storage, then into the new house.  But I didn't think about how much I hate shopping for stuff like this.  It isn't fun to me.  And now you throw these front-loaders into the mix and I am just all confused, not knowing what I should buy and what I shouldn't.

I think we'll head to Lowes, Home Depot, and Sears this weekend or next and take a look at their 'dent and scratch' items.  I got this suggestion from a friend who got an awesome LG set for $400 off because they each had a little scratch in the side - a scratch in a place where she'll never see it with how her laundry room is set up.  Heck - I'll live with a scratch if it keeps $400 in my wallet at this point.  Bring on the deals ...

No comments:

Post a Comment