Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Seven Days of Agony

The next few days are going to be busy.  The home inspection is scheduled for this Saturday afternoon.  The buyer herself will be in town and will accompany the inspector here at the house.  I can't shake my nervous feeling.  I honestly have no reason to believe anything would fail, but I guess it is the unknown - is there something not quite right that only an inspector would know to look for?  I guess I hate not having control over certain things - and I feel like I have no control over this.  We should have all results/decisions by next Thursday ... so I just have another week of agony.  Geeeeeesh.

Today I stood at a fax machine for nearly one hour while I faxed a total of 83 pages over to our mortgage loan officer.  Kevin checked out mortgage rates this morning and saw that 15-year rates were down to 4.25%, so he took action to get us locked in to that rate immediately.  We're locked in!  I can't believe we're going to do a 15-year mortgage - that feels AMAZING!  Without doing the exact math, we will save about $170,000 total in interest that we won't pay for those extra 15 years.  That's incredible.

Tomorrow night we have two meetings at Ryan Homes.  First is our meeting with Guardian Home Technologies.  They'll help us pick all of our options for home theater wiring, security system, etc.  I have heard that they can be pretty pushy on their sales (we aren't interested in the intercom systems, central vaccum, etc), so we'll see how that goes.  At least we have an easy out because our next meeting is at 5:30.  It's our "Colors Meeting", where we'll select all exterior colors (door, trim, siding, brick, shutters), as well as cabinets, hardware, etc.  I am really excited for that.  We won't do any flooring selections there, though - that all comes at a separate meeting that still needs to be scheduled.

I've been pricing storage units over the past few days.  Looks like the U-Store-It between here and the new house will be the winner.  The first month is free, and based on the size that we need, we'll get a voucher for 2 free hours from Two Men and a Truck on our move-in date ... so that rocks.  It'll cost about $400 for three months of 10x30 storage.  Not too shabby.

Lastly, I am happy that my Craigslist postings have been getting a fair amount of action.  In fact, one couple just left after loading up two dressers that they purchased from us.  I just really don't want to move, store and move anything that we have no intention of keeping. 

I'm beat - physically and mentally.  Time for bed.  I'll update on the two meetings tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment